You guys, having a baby is legit. I am now legit.
Pregnancy put me through the ringer and I had to take a few months off to puke in a toilet but it was just in preparation for turning into a mommy zombie or...mombie if you will, to a newborn. The sleep deprivation and hormones are no joke. HOWEVER he is much cuter in person than in ultrasound and for some reason all of the insanity is totally worth it and my heart has exploded and I am caught up in this blissful and exhausting and...educational whirlwind of love-fest.
I will say that now that he is 3 months old and I have relearned how to shower and he sleeps for longer than an hour at a time, I'm in a much more, "I'm going to update my blog and be a productive human that wears pants!" kind of place. So, here I am. I can't tell you how touched I was by the messages from strangers (i.e. people that are NOT my mom) asking that I come back! It brought me to tears! And I only 90% blame that on hormones. Before pregnancy I never cried, I didn't cry at my own wedding, and now I have to turn off disney songs while I'm driving because I can't see the road when Phil Collins breaks it down singing about baby gorillas being eaten by evil jaguars (jaguar? leopard? cheetah? Some kind of big cat that's really mean.)
I didn't just bring you here to ramble about my return, I also wanted to tell you about my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE-EVERYONE-NEEDS-IT-CAN'T-LIVE-WITHOUT-IT SKIN CARE PRODUCT. Meet the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant:
I'm constantly telling people that the single most important thing you can do to get a flawless foundation application is to prep your skin well, and the most important thing about prepping skin is exfoliation (sort of tied with proper moisturization but that's another post.) I am mind boggled at how many women don't exfoliate! Do you want smooth and seamless natural looking foundation? Do you want to reduce the appearance of fine lines? Do you want to get rid of acne? Do you want to smooth dry flaky skin? Do you want to reduce the appearance of large pores? Do you want to get rid of blackheads? I know that you do because those are the most common complaints I get about skin and literally billions have been spent on products promising to do those things. Well guess what? Proper exfoliation can do all of it, and this is, in my opinion, the best exfoliant on the market.
The Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid is special because it is:
1. Fragrance free and gentle enough for sensitive skin.
2. Formulated with Salicylic acid (which is gentle by the way, it sometimes gets a bad rap because it's used in lots of acne treatment products full of actually irritating and drying ingredients like alcohol, menthol, and fragrance, however it is derived from aspirin and actually has a calming effect on the skin, although if you are allergic to aspirin consult your doctor, and if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you may want to ask as well, even though my research tells me it is safe, and the Paula's Choice site says it is, which I'm inclined to believe because first and foremost companies don't want to get sued lol, I was still too chicken to use it pregnant and BOY did my skin suffer, but I was also like, too scared to take tylenol or eat deli meat, so you know, use your own judgement and talk to a doc. This was the longest parentheses rant of all time); a very effective exfoliating acid that eats away dead skin cells uniformly (unlike some physical exfoliants like scrubs that are uneven and can cause damage to healthy cells), is antibacterial so it kills the bacteria that cause acne, AND unlike AHA and physical exfoliants, it is oil soluble so it can actually penetrate the sebum (oil) that clogs pores to clean and exfoliate inside the pore, removing blackheads, reducing the appearance of the pore, and GETTING RID OF ACNE.
3. Formulated with Salicylic acid at the proper PH so that it can actually work, you'd be surprised how often that isn't the case.
4. Cruelty free and not tested on animals.
Remember to pair it with a nice gentle facial cleanser like Cetaphil, a nice morning moisturizer with SPF like the Kiss My Face Face Factor, and a night time moisturizer that fits your skin type like the Cerave PM moisturizer (good for most skin types except the very dry or very oily.)
Good luck my friends and before I part here is a picture of my sweet Caspian James, being cuter than an ultrasound as previously mentioned:
EDIT: GREAT QUESTIONS!
I got some great questions about this product that I answered below, but I wanted to mention a couple things.
1. Just like any skin care product, there are some people that it just won't work for, you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients, or maybe your skin just doesn't agree with it, but for the vast majority of people this is a fantastic product. And if it doesn't work for you, I know Paula's Choice has great customer service.
2. Like with any exfoliating product, I've heard some people report a "purging" process where the skin goes through a temporary acne cycle because all the gunk that was lying in wait beneath the surface is brought forward, but for most people it will pass and your skin will be better in the long run. That didn't happen to me it was pretty much awesome from day one, but I wanted to mention it in case you are one of those that have that happen so you don't panic and renounce me as a recommender of things.
3. I'm repeating what I said above about using a gentle cleanser and moisturizers for your skin type with this product. I gave some general recommendations before, but if you want more specifics just ask in the comments!
4. I recommend using your fingers to apply this, so you don't waste product on a cotton ball or round.
5. I also recommend starting out using it just once per day (I like night time) and seeing how you react. I have sensitive skin and was worried about a reaction so I started with just once per day and had great results so I just stuck with that! However, you may find that it is too often or not often enough and have to adjust for your own skin.
6. I really need to do more posts about skin care.
EDIT #2: IF YOU ORDERED THIS BASED OFF OF MY RECOMMENDATION WHEN THIS PRODUCT WAS ON SALE BETWEEN JUNE 2ND-6TH 2015 PLEASE CONTACT ME.
There was a problem with some orders and Paula's Choice wants to offer you a partial credit because they are nice :)