Hey there friends!
It's time for the follow up to my previous post about the best drugstore highlighters! A couple weeks ago I did a big smackdown ol' smackdown of powder highlighters, and now I'm focusing on creams and liquids. Check out the video for my thoughts!
Products in This Video:
- Loreal TrueMatch Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator in Golden-Not cruelty free, not bendable, not enough pigment.
- NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam-"Cruelty free" more bendable and more pigment than loreal, but not to my standards.
- Hard Candy Sheer Glow All the Way Face and Body Illuminator In the Buff-Cruelty free, affordable, great option for body.
- ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal-Cruelty free, could be used for Halloween or children.
- Flower Beauty Glisten Up Highlighter Chubby in HL1 Pearl Shimmer-Cruelty free, won't make you die a violent death aka you will not have chosen poorly aka it's the holy grail aka please tell me you people have seen Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade aka I'm completely obsessed and it's the best
- Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Highlighter Stick in Sparkling Sand-Cruelty free and still great but not quite as good as Flower.
- Ulta Collection Sculpting Stick in Highlight-Not Cruelty free, still great but not quite as good as Flower.
- Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighter Stick in Pink Light-Not cruelty free, expensive, texture is nice but not enough pigment for price and the color is too pink.
- Maybelline FaceStudio Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighter in Light Iridescent-Not cruelty free, similar to Revlon but way too pink (it's more pink than it shows in the swatch below)
- Kardashian Beauty Dashlight Strobing Dome in Honey Moon-Not cruelty free, terrible texture and clumsy shape.
The Loreal and NYX swatches look decent, but they are definitely streakier and less blendable than I would like.
As you can see, all of these are pretty (though the revlon and maybelline highlighters are both frostier and pinker in real life than they appear here) but the quality differences really come down to texture and pigmentation. Also, can you guys forgive me? I donated a bunch of makeup to a church group of teenage girls and I accidentally threw in the Kardashian Beauty highlighter before taking the swatch photos, and when I went back to Ulta to repurchase it they were sold out. I failed at giving you guys a swatch, but it was trash anyway so I hope you can look past this in your hearts and still be my friend.
What do you guys think? Any highlighters I desperately need to try?
PS: This post contains amazon affiliate links. If you purchase something using the links provided I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This only applies to amazon links, and does not influence my recommendations at all :). Thank you for your support!